Windsurfing Canada (WC) holds annual Canadian Windsurfing Championships to
determine the top Canadian Man, Woman, Youth male and female windsurfer in
Course racing, in Slalom and Freestyle. The WC "Rainbow Outreach" program
enables youth to get into a fit for life sport that will provide them with
positive directions, role models and a life long road to both mental and
physical health. Windsurfing Canada helps develop our future olympians in
their strive for excellence in windsurfing for Canada.
- - Click for Event Calendar - -
Click to Pay 2013 Sail Number - -
Click for Kona Windsurfing - - |
||Click here to Register at OS Windsurfing Instructor Clinic Website
||OS Windsurfing - Windsurfing Instructor Level 1
OS Windsurfing - Windsurfing Instructor Level 2
||May 20, 2011
||May 23, 2011
||Toronto Windsurfing Club
The Windsurfing Instructor Program is a dynamic course designed to teach individuals how to instruct safe, fun, and effective windsurfing programs. The course is open to novice, intermediate, and advanced windsurfers, with certification awarded at the end of the course dependent on demonstrated skill level and teaching experience.
All prerequisites must be up-to-date prior to the start of the clinic. First aid and Boat Rescue expire after 36 months. It is recommended that you have all your prerequisites sent to Ontario Sailing via fax, email or mail, 2 weeks prior to the start of the clinic or it may jeopardize the final stages of you becoming a certified instructor and being able to teach and certify CYA levels.
If you are unsure of your status please call the Ontario Sailing office for confirmation.
Prerequisites for the Windsurfing Instructor Clinic:
- Must be 16 years of age in the calendar year of the clinic
- Transport Canada or Canadian Coast Guard Pleasure Craft Operators Card (PCOC) (check out www.pcoc.ca to find an instructor in your area or http://www.tc.gc.ca/BoatingSafety/providers/search/search.asp to find approved providers in Ontario)
- First Aid (Standard First Aid or Equivalent) issued by a nationally recognized first aid provider (check here for a list of recognized providers in Canada http://www.wsib.on.ca/wsib/wsibsite.nsf/public/FATrainers)
- Swimming Award (Life Saving Society Boat Rescue or Life Saving Society Bronze Cross or Life Saving Society Bronze Medallion or Life Saving Society National Lifeguard Service (NLS) or Sea - Cadets Small Craft Rescue Award)
***ONLY IF YOU ARE USING A COACH BOAT TO INSTRUCT***
You will be thoroughly evaluated on your sailing competency and theory knowledge. It is therefore highly recommended that windsurfing applicants take time to practice on water skill and study theory up to the level they are being certified to. You will be writing theory tests, as well as being tested on water for sailing ability.
Friday, May 20 - 6pm-9pm
Saturday, May 21 - 9am-9pm
Sunday, May 22 - 9am-9pm
Monday, May 23 - 9am-9pm
A one-time payment of $313.88 (including GST and $2 for Toonies for Tomorrow). Your registration confirmation will come from email@example.com and your receipt will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not received confirmation emails from Ontario Sailing please check that your email address is correct in your profile. Also check your junk mail filter settings to ensure that emails from Ontario Sailing aren't being redirected there.
Equipment is NOT provided for this course. If you need to rent equipment please contact the Toronto Windsurfing Club to make arrangements.
Please note that there is a $50 cancellation fee up to 10 days prior to the start of the clinic. There are no refunds within 10 days or less of the start of the clinic.
||Windsurfing Instructor Level 1
- Signed Coach Code of Conduct
- Current nationally recognized certificate in CPR
- CCG Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- Standard First Aid
Windsurfing Instructor Level 2
If you would like to register for this course please fill out the application form.